|Question: If I am having trouble logging in with my user name or password what should I do?
- If your email address has not changed from what you registered with click on the forgot password link and we will email you your user name and password.
- If your email address has changed email us at email@example.com and ask to have your username and password emailed to you.
- Sometimes software inadvertently brings up the wrong stored username or stored password. Place cursor on login box if anything automatically comes up delete it and then enter your username. Then place cursor on password box if anything automatically comes up delete it then enter your password. Remember both passwords and usernames are case sensitive.
- If the above does not work, clear your temporary internet files, cookies and history. Click on Tools in the Internet explorer toolbar and then choose Internet Options, Be sure you are on the General Tab under the center section "Temporary Internet Files", click on “Delete Cookies”--when asked if you want to delete, answer yes. Click on "Delete Files-when asked if you want to delete, answer yes. Click on "Settings” then "View Files"and a new window called "Temporary Internet Files" will open, click on "Edit", then choose "select all". All files will highlight. Now press the delete button on your keyboard to delete all these files. Close the Temporary Internet Files Window. Click the OK button on the Settings window which remains open. We are now back on the Internet Options window. Under the last section called history, click on the "Clear History" button. If asked if you want to delete, answer yes. When it is done, click on OK to close the internet options window. Close all program and restart your computer.
- Some virus and security programs prevent you from properly connecting, please make sure you make us a “trusted site”, that will normally solve the problem
- If none of that works please contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org